Spiced creamy mushrooms
500 grams large button mushrooms, sliced
1 onion finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder (you can use any mild curry powder you have in stock)
3 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons sunflower oil
100 ml fresh cream
2 tablespoons tomato puree
6 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
1 tablespoon crushed whole black pepper
- Blend the garlic, ginger, onion and curry water with the measured amount of water until smooth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick wok or frying pan and add the mushrooms.
- Stir fry over a high heat for 4-5 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and keep separate.
- Now add the remaining oil into the wok and place over a medium heat. Add the onion mixture and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, cream, tomato puree, salt and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and crushed pepper.