For the stuffing
250 grams cauliflower, washed and finely chopped, preferably in a food processor
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tablespoon dry fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
For the dough
250 grams wheat flour/atta
1 tablespoon oil
Water for kneading
1 teaspoon salt
Oil , for shallow frying
Ghee or butter(optional)
- Mix the wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oil, salt. Add water little by little and knead into a soft dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Make 10 equal balls from the dough. Now take two balls and roll each one of them into a 5-inch round disc.
- Spread a spoonful of the stuffing on one round and cover with the other round. Press edges slightly to seal them. Dust some flour on both sides and carefully roll it further to an 8 inch round (the thinner the better). Repeat this with the remaining dough, to make 5 such parathas.
- Heat a griddle and cook the parathas on both sides on a medium heat till brown specs appear.
- Then smear 2 teaspoons of oil on both sides and fry till the paratha browns and is crisp.
- Remove and smear 1 teaspoon of ghee or butter on top(this step is optional).
- Serve hot with pickle or chutney and yoghurt.