How about some pazha pradhaman for this Onam?
1kg very ripe banana(nenthra pazham)
500gm jaggery(heat the jaggery in 1 cup water until melted, Sieve and keep aside)
4-5 cups light coconut milk(dissolve 3tbsp coconut milk powder in 4-5 cups of water)
1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk(dissolve 3-4 tbsp coconut milk powder in 1 1/2 cup water)
5 Tbsp ghee
2 tsp coconut pieces(cut into small squares)
- Cut the bananas into 3-4 pieces and steam them in a steamer until cooked well.
- Once cooled,remove the skin of the bananas and deseed the bananas(split open each piece of banana and remove the black seed layer).
- Mash the bananas well in a blender into a paste.
- Heat 4 Tbsp ghee in a pan and saute the banana paste in the ghee for some time, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the melted jaggery and allow it boil and thicken.
- Then add the light coconut milk and let it cook in the coconut milk for about 7-8 minutes, or until a thick consistency is attained.
- Now pour the thick coconut milk and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a pan. Fry the coconut pieces in the ghee until golden brown and pour it over the prepared banana pradhaman. Delicious pazha pradhaman is ready to be served.
* You can pressure cook the bananas instead of cooking them in a steamer.
* Along with the coconut pieces some like to add fried cashewnuts and raisins too. You can add that too if you prefer to. As I do not prefer cashews and raisins in pradhaman I have not added here.