It was our dear Elyza's birthday and she like all the girls of her age demanded a pink barbie cake.So we decided to bake her a Barbie cake. The tinkle that we saw in her eyes when she caught a glimpse of her birthday cake, that made our day!
We used the same recipe of Victoria Sponge Cake which has been posted earlier on our blog.Our Barbie's beautiful gown was done with vanilla butter icing.
920 grams icing sugar
450 grams unsalted butter,room temperature
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 tablespoon milk
food colour of your choice
- Beat butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and milk in between.
- Scrub the sides of the bowl and mix well for 4-5 minutes on high speed
- Tint the frosting with desired food colour.
- Cut the centre of the cake with a round cookie cutter.
- Insert a clean barbie doll at the center of the cake.
- Use a decorator tip and decorate barbie doll skirt and top with coloured frosting of your choice.