Spicy mutton chops cooked in a caramelized onion and tomato gravy, with not many ingredients, yet bursting with flavors!
1/2 kg mutton chops
4 Tbsp oil
3 medium onions, coarsely ground into a paste
4 large tomatoes, coarsely ground into a paste
2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 heaped tsp kashmiri chili powder
1 1/2 heaped tsp coriander powder
a pinch of baking soda
2 cups hot water
salt to taste
2 tsp chat masala
2 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add the coarsely ground onion and tomato. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the mutton chops, salt and mix well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, coriander powder and baking soda.
- Mix well. Add 2 cups of hot water and mix well. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes or until the mutton is cooked.
- Open the pressure cooker once the steam is released. Simmer and cook again.
- Add the chat masala and garam masala. Mix well and continue cooking until the gravy thickens and the masala attains a nice dark reddish brown shade.
- Serve hot sprinkled with some chopped coriander leaves.