1 big and ripe Vadukapulli naranga/ Wild Lime
1-2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/2 Tbsp gingelly oil
2 Tbsp chilli powder
less than 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 whole red chillies
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
some curry leaves
salt to taste
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup boiled water
a pinch of sugar
- Chop the lime into very small cubes.
- In a pan , heat the coconut oil and gingelly oil.
- Add the mustard seeds. Once they begin to crackle add the red chillies and fenugreek seeds. Fry for a second and then add the curry leaves. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, salt and fenugreek powder. Combine everything well.
- Add the vinegar and boiled water. Mix everything well.
- Now add the lemon pieces to this and combine everything well.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar finally and mix well.
- When fully cooled, check for seasoning and add more salt and vinegar if required.
- Store in an airtight container.