1 cup self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon natural yogurt
2-3 tablespoons water
salt to taste
oil, for deep frying
- Mix the flour, oil, yogurt and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add water little by little and knead to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean, moist tea towel and leave to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a small disc using a rolling pin and set aside to rest.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in wok.
- Fry the rolled out bhaturas in the hot oil until it puffs up. Turn it over and fry until lightly browned on both sides.
- With a slotted spoon remove from the oil and drain onto a paper napkin.
- Serve immediately with our own Channa Chatpata