200 gms chembu/baby taro/arbi, peeled, washed and diced
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 cups yoghurt or buttermilk
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 green chillies,slit
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 whole red chillies
1 Tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Cook the chembu with the turmeric powder, salt and green chillies.
- Grind the coconut with cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Add the yoghurt to the paste and blend again well.
- Pour this to the cooked chembu and mix well. Allow this to come to boil on a low flame.
- Switch off and keep aside.
- For the seasoning, heat the coconut oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard crackles, add the red chillies, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Once the spluttering stops, pour this seasoning to the prepared chembu curry. Cover with a lid and keep this undisturbed for 5 minutes, so that the aroma lingers in the curry.
- Open and mix well. Serve with steamed rice and a spicy side dish. Enjoy:)