250 grams small brinjals
2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 sprigs curry leaves
50 grams shallots sliced
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 large onion, sliced
2 teaspoon crushed pepper
- Wash the brinjals well and then slice them into thin rounds. Soak the slices in salt water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon coconut oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves, shallots and garlic. Saute well.
- When the shallots start turning brown add the turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- To this add the sliced onion and saute until the onion becomes soft. Drain the brinjal slices from the salt water and add to the onion masala.
- Add enough salt , mix well and cover and cook until the brinjals are soft and cooked..
- Sprinkle the crushed pepper, mix and remove from flame.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on top and serve hot.