1 kg chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
3 large onions
8 cloves garlic
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoons fresh cream
4 tablespoons oil
10-15 almonds, blanched and skinned
1 pinch saffron dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
- Grind 2 onions, almonds, garlic and salt into a fine paste. Marinate the chicken with this paste for 3 hours.
- Slice the remaining one onion and fry it in oil until brown and crisp. Drain from the oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the marinated chicken and cook until all the water that is released from the chicken dries up.
- Add beaten yogurt, fried onions, red chili powder and coriander powder and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- When almost done add cream, saffron, salt, garam masala and a little water and cook covered on very low flame for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati, nan,phulkas or plain basmati rice.