250 grams koorka(Chinese potato)
500grams pork cleaned and cut into small cubes
2 medium onions chopped
2 tablespoon garlic
2 tablespoon ginger
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves
3 slitted green chilies
2 ½ tablespoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 ½ tablespoon garam masala powder
3 tablespoon crushed pepper
3 tablespoon oil
Salt as required
· Wash koorka(Chinese potato) nicely to remove all the soil particles.
· Pressure cook koorka until it gives off one whistle.(very easy method to remove the skin of koorka)
· Remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
· Pressure cook pork with salt and turmeric powder.
· Heat oil in a pan.
· Add chopped ginger and garlic and stir until the raw smell goes off.
· Add green chilies and curry leaves.
· Add chopped onion and fry until medium brown.
· Add coriander, pepper powder, garam masala and stir for 1-2 minutes in low flame.
· Add chopped tomatoes and mix well until oil starts to appear.
· Add the cooked meat and koorka into this masala.
· Give a good stir until the meat and koorka is well coated with the masala.
· Turn on flame to high and roast well until it becomes dry and attain brown colour.
· Serve hot with rice/chapatti.
*Pork can be substituted with beef/chicken breast.
*You can make your dish more or less spicy by varying the amount of pepper powder.