500 grams chicken cut into bite sized pieces
1 onion chopped roughly
2 tablespoon tomato paste
15 cashew nuts, soaked in water for 10 minutes
2 teaspoons garam masala powder
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon yogurt
3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1 chicken stock cube, diluted in 1 cup hot water
2 tablespoon oil
- Blend the onion, tomato paste, cashewnuts, garlic, garam masala, lemon juice, salt and yoghurt into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Once the oil is hot, pour the blended spice mixture and fry stirring continuously on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the chopped coriander leaves and chicken. Fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock(chicken stock cube, dissolved in 1 cup hot water).Simmer and cook covered for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Off the flame, add the remaining coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.