500 grams of prawns, cleaned and deveined
10 shallots finely chopped
6-8 curry leaves
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin sedds
1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed slightly
1 large tomato finely chopped
6 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
3 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper to season
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the chopped shallots.Stir fry until golden brown on a medium flame.
- Add the curry leaves, ginger paste and garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add the chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and fennel seeds. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook until the tomatoes are mashed.
- Reduce the heat to a low flame and simmer this gravy for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the prawns and cook on a high flame sauteing continuously for 4-5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and serve hot.