4x150 gm cans of tuna (in olive oil/water)
2 medium onions chopped
4-5 green chilies chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves chopped
3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
2-3 tablespoon crushed black pepper powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt as required
1 egg beaten
Bread crumbs as required
- Drain out oil from tuna cans and keep separate.
- Put the tuna chunks in a bowl and mash until the chunks are broken completely.
- In a pan pour the drained olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and stir until golden brown.
- Add green chilies, ginger, curry leaves and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pepper, turmeric, salt and garam masala powder and stir on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add tuna and mix everything well for 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Once it is cooled add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Make small balls of the mixture and roll into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in oil until they are crispy or golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with tomato ketchup or wrap in a roll made of chapattis or parathas or in a sandwich.