500 grams prawns cleaned and deveined
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2 medium tomatoes chopped
¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 medium onion chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves
1” julienned ginger
1 slitted green chili
3-4 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
1 ½ - 2 tablespoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ cup water
1 ½ cup thick coconut milk
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a chatti (earthern pot) and splutter mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- Sauté onion, green chilies, curryleaves and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add Kashmiri chillipowder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and sauté for a minute on low flame.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are mashed.
- Add prawns along with cocum, salt and water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the prawns get cooked and gravy thickens, add thick coconut milk and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice/chapatti.