3 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon milk powder
½ cup water
3 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoon melted butter
1 ½ teaspoon instant yeast
½ teaspoon salt
8 portions kiri cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
1 egg for egg wash
For the sugar syrup
1 cup sugar
¾ cup water
1 table spoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Melt the sugar in water and allow it to boil until thin syrup is formed.
- Add the honey and vanilla essence to it.
- Mix and allow it to cool and keep aside.
- Sieve the flour and mix it with the milk powder, sugar, yeast and salt.
- To this add the oil, butter and egg, and mix well with your finger tips.
- Add the milk and knead well.
- Add water little by little (only as much needed) and knead well until you get soft dough.
- Apply a little oil over the dough, and cover with a cling film and keep aside for 1 hour.
- The dough will double in size. Punch the dough and divide it into 16 portions.
- Stretch out each portion and keep half of each kiri cube into each portion and roll into balls such that the cheese is enclosed in each ball.
- Place these balls on a buttered pan and keep aside covered for half an hour more.
- Beat one egg with 1 teaspoon milk.
- Brush the top of each ball with this egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the buns are nice golden colour on top.
- Remove from oven and pour the prepared sugar syrup on the hot buns.
- Leave the buns to cool and attain a glaze on top.
- Sweet cheese buns are ready!!!
*Pour only the required amount of syrup on the buns. Pour less for less sweet buns.