1 ½ cup couscous
1 ¼ cup dried soya chunks, washed and pressure cooked until soft
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups water
1 cup green piece (I used frozen)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Roast couscous in 1-2 tablespoon olive oil in a pressure cooker for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili, coriander, cumin, garam masala and stir for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, green piece, soya chunks,salt and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water,stir well and pressure cook until the cooker gives off 1 whistle.
- Open the cooker after all pressure has been released.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pav bhaji masala on top and stir well befor serving.
- Serve hot with curd/pickle/curry of your choice.
*You can use any vegetables of your choice.