1 kg squid, cleaned
2 small onions chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic,chopped
2 green chilies,chopped
1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 talespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon black pepper powder
2 pieces of cocum/kodampuli
4-5 tablespoon coconut pieces
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2-3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves, green chilies, coconut pieces and stir for a minute.
- Add in chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, black pepper powder and mix well on low flame.
- Add squid along with coccum and salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the squid is well cooked, remove the cover and dry the water completely.
- Turn on the flame to high and roast it until the color turns dark brown.
- Garnish with chopped green chilies.