2 very ripe bananas, mashed well
10 cashew nuts broken into pieces
4 tablespoon grated coconut
1/2 cup semolina
3 tablespoon ghee
4 tablespoon sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
oil for frying
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Add the cashew nuts and fry until golden brown. Drain on to a tissue paper.
- Fry the raisins in the same ghee. Once they puff up, remove onto a tissue paper.
- Add the grated coconut and fry until golden brown. Add the semolina to the coconut and fry well stirring continuously until the semolina attains a light brown color.
- Add the sugar and fried cashew nut raisins and mashed bananas. Mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes. Allow this mixture to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, make a smooth batter with the all purpose flour, water and a pinch of salt.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in deep bottomed pan.
- Make small lemon sized balls with the banana mixture. Dip each ball in the prepared batter and deep fry in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove on to a tissue paper.
- Serve with hot tea.