1 large bitter gourd
a handful corriander leaves
3 green chilies
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon dry mango powder/amchur
4 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
- Wash the bitter gourd and pat dry. Make a slit lengthwise and remove the pith and seeds.
- Soak this bitter gourd in salt water for half an hour and then squeeze dry.
- Grind the coriander leaves, green chilies, garlic and coriander powder.
- Mix turmeric powder, salt and mango powder to the grounded masala.
- Fill this mixture into the bitter gourd. Leave to marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Place the stuffed bitter gourd in the hot oil and cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat turning around in between.
- Once cooked open and cook for 5 - 6 minutes more until browned on all sides.