1 large potato boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
1 cup boiled green peas or frozen green peas
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon ginger and green chilli paste
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat a non- stick pan and add the cumin seeds. Dry roast it or around 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and stir fry continuously until they start to brown.
- Add the ginger-green chili paste and saute for 3-4 seconds.
- Now add the tomatoes, mix well and simmer until the tomatoes are cooked and mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the potatoes and green peas. Mix well and add 1 cup of water and salt.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot phulkas.
Recipe courtesy: tarladalal.com