CAULIFLOWER AND MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN
Cauliflower – 250 gms cut into medium sized florets
Mushrooms - 250 gms,sliced
Capsicum – 1 sliced into thin strips
Onion – 1 chopped
Ginger – 1tsp, chopped
Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
Green chillies – 1-2, chopped
Sugar – ½ tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 Tbsp
Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 1 Tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1-2 Tbsp
- Heat the oil and sauté the chopped onions, green chillies, capsicum, ginger and garlic.
- Once translucent add the cauliflower and mushroom and fry for a minute. Reduce the flame to a medium and cover and cook until the cauliflower florets gets cooked and starts to brown.
- In a bowl mix sugar, salt, pepper powder, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce, cornflower and vinegar with a little water to from a sauce.
- Pour this sauce to the cauliflower and mushrooms. Mix well and cook covered for around 7- 8 minutes, stirring in between.
- Open and stir fry for a minute, remove from flame and serve hot garnished with capsicum strips.(You can add red, yellow and orange capsicum to make the dish more colorful.)
This dish can be prepared using either one of the vegetables too( either cauliflower or mushroom)