Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spicy Roasted Cashew nuts


I started gaining weight when I started blogging :(   so, to burn out some calories I decided to join a dance class.....but, contrary to my expectations, I still never stopped gaining weight  and guess why?? 
We are a group of 8 in the dance class. Though our primal purpose of forming a group was to practice dance, food turned out to be the main agenda of the group. Almost every day someone in our group would’ve got some snacks to tempt us into eating. It was during one of those occasions that my friend Shetal had brought some home made spicy roasted cashewnuts. The moment I had a bite I decided to try this out the same day and here it goes…


Ingredients
500 grams unsalted cashews (unroasted)

3-4 tablespoon besan powder/gram flour

1-2 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder

A pinch asafoetida

Salt as required

Oil for frying


Method
  • Mix gram flour, cashew nuts, chili powder, asafoetida and salt in a bowl
  • Sprinkle water in between and mix well so that the masala adheres well with the cashew nuts (ensure that the masala should be dry and not sticky or watery).
  • Heat oil in a kadai.
  • Spread these cashew nuts and fry in medium flame.
  • Remove from pan and spread it on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
  • Store in an airtight container once it cools down.

6 comments:

  1. Really something to munch on.. I would love that bowl :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi..its worth munching while you watch your favourite movie..

      Delete
  2. i 100% agree to you... i've always been plump, now due to blogging, i'm again forced to eat, even though i make it a point i distribute to all at home and in the office so that they also can join in!!! hehe... the cashews are mouthwatering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafeeda.Cooking up something new everyday has become more interesting after blogging.

      Delete
  3. Food is sometimes, actually most of the time difficult to resist. I let go but pull the strings when my clothes starts getting tight. I am admiring the lovely spiced cashews, awesomely flavored as per my love for spicy touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it!! Tasty food is irresistible until your body responds to it, that's visible on your outfits!!! But once in a while, its worth a try;)

      Delete

We would be glad to hear your feedback:)