250 grams boneless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoon soya sauce
3 tablespoon cornflour
1 teaspoon white pepper powder
2 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 inch ginger sliced
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
4 broken red chillies
4 green chillies chopped
1 tablespoon spring onions chopped
5 tablespoon oil + extra for frying
- Marinate the chicken with 1 tablespoon soya sauce, egg, 2 tablespoon cornflour, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok and saute the spring onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and red chillies on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken stock into this and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together 1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Pour this to the simmering chicken stock and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Now add the fried chicken. Mix well and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornflour in half a cup of water. Pour this little by little into the simmering chicken, mixing simultaneously until the required consistency(thick gravy) is attained.
- Add the sesame oil and check the seasoning and add more salt if required. Your dish is now ready to be served.