250 grams dried spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
rind of 1 lemon cut into small strips
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
250 grams of diced boneless chicken
250 grams broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
250 ml chicken stock
1 onion, finely chopped
4 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- In a large pan bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the spaghetti and transfer to a serving dish. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and toss well and keep aside.
- In another saucepan heat the olive oil. Add the lemon rind and cook on a low heat, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic and sugar. Saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pour the chicken stock/water and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook this for a further 5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to half. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan. Add the chicken and onion and cook stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until the chicken turns into a light brown colour. Add the broccoli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon- ginger sauce, thyme and spring onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken sauce on top of the spaghetti and serve.