1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
150 gms unsalted butter, brought down to room temperature
150 gms cream cheese( room temperature)
200 gms castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
grated zest of a lemon
- Grease and line an 8 inch round cake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius.
- Sift together the flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar little by little, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest. Beat well for around 3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top and bake for 40- 45 minutes or until a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack before serving.