500 gms chicken, cleaned and cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp lime juice
5 green chillies
2 onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 inch ginger piece
few curry leaves
5 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp crushed whole black pepper
5 tsp oil
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, pepper powder, lime juice and salt for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely grind the shallots, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the sliced onion. Fry the onions until they turn crisp and golden brown. Transfer the fried onions into a plate and keep aside.
- Now to the same oil add the marinated chicken pieces and fry until brown on all sides. Transfer the chicken pieces also into a separate plate.
- Add the grounded shallots mix to the same oil and saute well until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and curry leaves to this and saute on a medium low flame until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add the fried chicken pieces, soya sauce, fried onions, crushed pepper and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Check the salt, and add more if required. Cover and cook for 4- 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.