Last week we were invited by Pramod and Anju for the first birthday celebration of their son, Ambady. It was then that Anju had prepared this recipe in beef and we loved it a lot.She actually proved that she was not just a good dancer but a great chef too.It had a very distinctive flavor and I could not hold on to my curiosity to find out what was that special taste boosting ingredient in it.....Oyster Sauce!!!! I would have never figured that out.Me, being an enthusiastic food lover,immediately snatched this recipe from Anju and decided to try this in chicken. Anju,I really can't thank you enough...
Ingredients500 grams chicken breast,cut into small cubes
3 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon semolina
1 teaspoon crushed cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon crushed cloves
2 cardamoms. crushed
1-1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
3/4 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
3/4 tablespoon crushed chili
2 green chilies,slitted
Tons of curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a bowl,combine cornflour,semolina,cinnamon,cloves,cardamoms,oyster sauce,soy sauce,chili powder,turmeric powder,ginger paste, garlic paste,salt and mix well.[add few drops of water if required]
- Marinate chicken cubes in the above mixture and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Deep fry in oil and drain the chicken pieces using a slotted spoon on a paper towel.
- In a separate pan,heat 2 tablespoon oil.
- Add curry leaves,green chilies,crushed chili and fry for about 20 seconds and remove from heat.
- Mix fried chicken to the above mixture and serve hot.