Troubles as light as air
Love as deep as ocean
Friends as solid as diamonds
And Success as bright as gold
These are the wishes for you and your family
on this auspicious day of Dussehra
1/2 cup semolina
1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 tablespoon crushed fennel seeds
oil for deep fryingMethod
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil to form a thick batter(of pouring consistency). You can add little water to attain the consistency.
- Keep this batter aside for 2 hours. After 2 hours, mix the batter once again very well.
- Heat oil(for deep frying) in wok. Pour a laddle full of the batter into the hot oil. It will spread by itself to form a round shape.
- Deep fry turning occasionally until both sides are golden brown in colour. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.(Here I have used chopped pistachios)
These malpuas can be directly dropped into sugar syrup or rabri and served. I didn't do that, as I liked it as such itself.