Wanted to make a roasted whole chicken since a long time. Just happened to see this recipe in one of the Friday magazines recently. Made the same with only slight changes for the special occasion of Eid!!
1 whole chicken, cleaned well and patted dry
finely grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
1 tablespoon mustard sauce
3 teaspoon soya sauce
1 teaspoon pepper powder
1 tablespoon white grape vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius..
- Whisk together the orange zest and juice with the mustard, soya sauce,pepper, vinegar and sugar.
- Rub half of the prepared marinade all over the chicken.
- Heat little oil in frying pan and sear the chicken until it begins to brown slightly on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it in a roasting tin. Pour the remaining marinade all over the chicken.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degree Celsius. pour about 1/2 cup water into the tin to ensure that the chicken does not dry out.
- Roast the chicken for one hour or until it is cooked through and is golden brown in colour.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh green salad.
This was served with avocado salsa(recipe of the same will be up soon).
This recipe is not that spicy, you can add more of pepper or any other spice ingredients to suit your taste buds.