Friday, December 14, 2012

Lemon Chicken


Lemon Chicken
"Once my son got for me a gift... a cookery book with only chicken recipes. In spite of being overwhelmed with joy after receiving the little token of love, I had never bothered to try out any recipes from it until he asked me the other day why I didn’t make anything from that book. He asked me with a sad face whether I didn’t like the book. Now, this really brought me down and at that moment I got hold of the book and tried out the most easiest recipe in book which could be made in a jiff as well as one that needed very few ingredients and yes, it was yummy too. And yes, I could see a smile on my son’s face…a smile of pride!!!
Here’s the recipe for all of you."
Ingredients
Chicken            – 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (I used tender chicken breasts)
Olive oil            – 5 Tbsp
Onion               – 1 chopped
Garlic               – 6 cloves, finely chopped
Lemon              – juice of 1 big lemon or 2 small lemons
Spring onions    – 4 Tbsp chopped
Salt and Pepper  as preferred by your taste buds
Paprika              a pinch
 Method
  • Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
  • Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan or wok. Add the onion and stir fry until it is soft and translucent, should not get browned. Now add the chopped garlic and stir fry for another minute.
  • Toss in the chicken and cook for 5 to 10 minutes stirring in between until the chicken is soft and all the ingredients start to get lightly brown.
  • Pour in the lemon juice and cook stirring nicely scraping all the bits that stick onto the bottom of the pan. Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Cook for some more time and once the chicken is done and nicely coated with the juice and somewhat dry, add the chopped spring onion and mix well. Remove from the flame and transfer into a serving bowl.
  • You can garnish the lemon chicken with pared lemon rind or lemon wedges, a pinch of paprika and serve it piping hot.

2 comments:

  1. will definitely try......once i'm with my lady !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pradish, try it out and let us know the outcome.

      Delete

We would be glad to hear your feedback:)