Vacations usually start off for school kids with so much excitement , planning to watch more of cartoons, playing with friends for longer time, waking and going to bed late, eating ice-creams…and so goes on the list. But this lasts only for the first few days, soon the kids start to wish the school reopens and they long to be back in the company of their friends.
Same was the case with our little Elyza. Boredom started to capture her and when all resources to keep her engaged had exhausted one fine day I decided to bake a cake with her. That’s the result of this cake, we made it TOGETHER!!!
*The ingredients that are kept in the fridge should be brought down to room temperature.
Butter - 125 gm
Sugar - 125 gm
Walnut - 1/2 cup chopped
Self-raising flour - 1 ¾ cup
Eggs - 2, beaten
Ripe bananas – 3, mashed.
Baking soda - 1tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp.
Milk - 2-3 Tbsp.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and keep separate.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time and then add mashed bananas.
- Dissolve vanilla essence in milk and add to the mixture along with salt.
- Gradually add flour by reducing the speed of the beater to minimum or by stirring with a wooden spatula in one direction. Make sure that the flour is mixed without any lumps.
- Finally add the chopped walnut and give a stir. Bake at 180 degree for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.