1 cup urid dal or whole, soaked in water for 4 hours
3 heaped Tbsp ragi/finger millet powder
salt to taste
oil or ghee to grease the idli pans
- Grind the soaked urid dal in a mixer adding enough water to get a smooth and thick batter.
- Add the ragi powder to the grinded urid and mix well.
- Add enough salt, mix well and keep this batter to ferment overnight or minimum of 8 hours.
- Grease the idli pans with oil or ghee.
- Pour the fermented batter into the greased idli molds and steam until fully cooked.
- Transfer the idlis with the help of a wet spoon on to a plate and serve with coconut chutney. Nutritious breakfast ready to be served!