Coconut macaroons are simple to make and completely wheat -free.I have tried this in two different versions....one was the normal way of using regular sugar and the other version was by substituting that with brown sugar.(The colour difference is evident in the pictures)
1 egg white
50 gram castor sugar/brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 gram desiccated coconut
A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- In a large bowl,beat the egg white with an electric whisk until stiff.
- Add the sugar a little at a time,whisking between each addition.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and blend nicely.
- Gently fold in the coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spoon them on to the baking sheet using a teaspoon and bake for 20 minutes or until the colour turns golden brown(I liked conical macaroons and hence the shape)
- Cool the macaroons in a wire rack and store in an airtight container.