2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups powdered sugar
170 gms softened butter
1 cup yogurt(at room temperature)
1/2 cup hot milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat the softened butter, powdered sugar, hot milk, yogurt and vanilla essence until light.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture to this gradually.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the batter into it. I used two disposable aluminium containers, as my loaf tin was quite small. I divided the batter equally into these two aluminium containers which I had lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes(baking time may vary depending upon the depth of the pan you are using) or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Cut into slices and serve with a cup of hot tea.