200 grams unsalted butter,room temperature
1 large egg
130 grams white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300 grams all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
180 grams semisweet or bitter sweet chocolate melted for dipping
Colourful sugar toppings for garnishing (optional).
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg,salt and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour and stir until incorporated.
- Flatten the dough into disc shape and wrap in a cling film.
- Store in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough in a lightly floured surface into 1/3 inch thick circle.
- Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place on the baking sheet with 1.5" gap between each and bake for 10 minutes or until the colour turns light brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cooled,dip one end of each cookies in the melted chocolate and place it on the baking sheet.
- Once all the cookies are dipped,garnish with sugar toppings and place it in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store it in an air tight container for about a week.