500 gram prawns,cleaned,deveined
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4-5 green chilies
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a grinder, crush the prawns slightly and keep aside.
- Grind coarsely the coconut, shallots,green chilies,curry leaves,cumin seeds,garlic,ginger and turmeric.
- Mix prawns with the above mixture and add the required amount of salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Wet the palm of your hand with water and place a small ball of vada mix on it.
- Press it down slightly and make a small hole at the center using one finger.
- Drop it slowly into the hot oil.
- Fry the vada until golden brown on both sides and drain on to a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.