200 gram apples,peeled,cored and finely diced
50 gram walnuts,roughly chopped
150 gram soft light brown sugar
250 gram self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
3 1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil
3 1/2 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
butter for greasing
icing sugar/whipped cream,to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius
- Grease a 9" baking dish and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix the apple and sugar in a bowl and keep aside
- Sift over the flour,baking powder,cinnamon and salt and fold in.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs,oil,milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine well the above mixture with the apple and sugar.
- Fold in the walnuts and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes,until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes in the tin.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or dust with icing sugar once the cake is completely cooled.