1 kg mutton cut into bite sized pieces
3 medium onion sliced thin
1 1/2 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves +for garnishing
2 1/2 -3 tablespoon coriander powder
2 1/2 tablespoon crushed pepper powder
1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste
3 tablespoon coconut oil
1 green chili chopped, for garnishing
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
2 tablespoon of chopped mint leaves
- Clean the mutton and cook in a pressure cooker with some salt and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add sliced onion and saute until brown.
- Add curry leaves, garlic and ginger and saute until raw smell goes off.
- Reduce the flame and add coriander,garam masala, pepper powder,vinegar and salt(if required).
- Saute for a minute and add the cooked mutton.
- Stir on high flame until the water evaporates and the mutton turns dark brown colour.
- Finally add chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Garnish with chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice/rotis.