Potato wedges are something that most of us love to have. They are in a way a good alternative health wise too to their cousin, the very old 'french fries'. Its really difficult to get the kids away from french fries. These oven roasted potato wedges are good in every possible way, first of all as they are baked and not deep fried, second because olive oil is used and third there is the goodness of garlic and herbs in it. So what more alternative to you need to feed the kids as well as the grown -ups. A perfect snack for parties too!
Off to the recipe of the garlic and herb flavoured potato wedges.
4 medium potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
3 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves. minced
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius
- Cut each potato into half lengthwise first. Then cut each half lengthwise into four equally sized wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the wedges with the remaining ingredients.
- Line a large pan with foil and place the wedges with the skin side facing down.Space the wedges evenly so that they get cooked uniformly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the wedges are well browned, tender and crusty edged.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with more salt if desired.
Recipe source- here