500 gms tender chicken breasts
2 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup corn flour
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup hot chilli sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
for the garnish
1 tsp chopped parsley
yoghurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl mix together the almond flour, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs together along with 2-3 tbsp water.
- Beat the chicken tenders(you can make them into smaller pieces i.e one chicken breast can be cut into two pieces) with a kitchen hammer lightly.
- Now dip each chicken tender in the corn flour, then in the whisked eggs and then in the mixed almond flour. Place the coated chicken tenders on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or the chicken starts to turn crispy.
- In the meantime, start preparing the sauce. In a saucepan mix together the honey, hot sauce and garlic powder. Bring this to a boil over a high flame and keep it aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and dip each tender in the sauce.
- Heat a non stick pan, place the chicken tenders and roast for a few minutes(2-5) on one side, then turn over and roast the other side of each chicken tender, so as to allow the sauce to caramelize on the chicken pieces.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. Drizzle any remaining sauce on the chicken tenders.
- Garnish with dollops of yoghurt or sour cream and chopped parsley leaves.