250 gm sliced mushroom
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
2 cups onion sliced
1 tsp ginger chopped
1 tsp garlic finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp garam masala powder
1-1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chili powder
1/2 cup tomato chopped
1 tsp kasuri methi
2 Tbsp fresh cream
butter- as required
- Soak cashewnuts in water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. Once it starts to brown add the onion, ginger and garlic. Saute well until onion turns golden brown.
- Reduce the flame, add kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,garam masala powderand 2-3 tbsp water. Cook for some time until the masala starts to leave from the sides of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes turn mushy. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cooled grind this mixture along with the soaked cashewnuts.
- In the same pan, heat little butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and salt. Stir fry until the mushrooms release water and turn golden brown.
- Add the prepared masala paste and add approximately 1-2 cups water. Mix well. Check salt and add more if required.
- Cook on medium low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Crush kasuri methi in between your palms and add it to the gravy. Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Cook for a minute more and remove from heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves