200gms cottage cheese/paneer(crumbled)
1 large onion chopped
1 Tbsp garlic chopped
1 Tbsp ginger chopped
2 tsp kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch hing/asafoetida
2 green chillies slit
2 red chillies broken
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder(use less for mild spiciness)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the asafoetida and red chilies and fry for a second or two.
- Now add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Fry for one minute.
- Add the chopped onion and green chilies. Saute until onion turns pink in color.
- Add the kasoori methi and saute for some time.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Add in the milk and cook until the milk is fully absorbed and the paneer is soft and moist.
- Now sprinkle the garam masala powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steaming phulkas or chappathis.