3-4 Tbsp mustard oil/ vegetable oil
1 tsp kalonji/nigella seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 Tbsp garlic chopped
200 gm onion chopped
150 gms tomatoes chopped
1 tsp ginger chopped
2-3 green chillies chopped
2 Tbsp curry leaves
1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces or boneless chicken cut into small cubes
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder(roasted)
salt to taste
1 pinch black salt
2-3 tsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp chopped mint leaves
- Heat oil and add the kalonji and fennel seeds. Once the aroma of these seeds comes out add the chopped garlic and saute for a while.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, ginger and green chillies. Stir fry until onion turns brown.
- Meanwhile, fry the curry leaves until crisp. Crush and keep them aside.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste and mix well. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all other dry spices and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the fried and crushed curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves and mint leaves.