Double Ka Meetha is a Hyderabadi sweet easily prepared with simple ingredients.An apt dish to serve soon after a spicy meal.It is particularly prepared during the festive month of Ramadan and on Eid.
6 slices of bread
2 1/2 cups milk
350 ml milk maid
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/2 cup sugar
Few dry fruits and nuts of your choice(I used cashew,raisins and almonds)
Saffron,a few strands
Ghee for frying bread and nuts
- Remove edges of bread,cut it diagonally.
- Toast the breads in a non stick pan .
- Deep fry all the bread pieces in ghee on low flame and keep aside.
- Fry the cashew,raisins and almonds in ghee and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup in a sauce pan adding water,sugar and cardamom powder.
- Heat milk along with milkmaid and few saffron strands in a deep nonstick pan and cook uncovered until it becomes thick.(Don't forget to stir in between)
- Dip the fried bread pieces in sugar syrup and arrange them in a dish
- Pour the milk over the bread pieces.
- Sprinkle fried nuts on top along with few saffron strands.
- Serve hot/cold.
*Instead of frying bread in ghee you can toast the bread,cut it diagonally and brush with ghee on both the sides.
If you like to serve the dish hot, bake in an oven proof dish at 180 degree Celsius for 5-6 minutes.