1/2 kg ladiesfinger, sliced diagonally
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chillies, slit
2 tomatoes, chopped
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions until golden brown. Drain onto a kitchen paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the sliced ladiesfinger in batches until slightly brown and crisp. Drain this also onto a kitchen paper and keep aside.
- Now to the same oil(add more if required) add the chopped garlic and sesame seeds and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and 1 tsp water(to prevent the powders from burning) and fry well for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes,salt and green chillies and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy and oil starts to separate from the sides. This will take around 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the fried ladies finger and onion and mix well. Serve immediately.