500 grams chicken breast chopped into small pieces
1 cup shallots sliced into half
1- 1 1/2 cup grated coconut
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
2 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cuminseeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon urad dal
2-3 dried red chili
Coconut oil as required
Salt to taste
- Crush the coconut with cumin seeds in a grinder and keep aside.
- In a pan, mix chicken with ginger garlic paste,shallots,chili powder,turmeric powder and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the above mix,cover and cook on medium flame for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once the dish turns to a semi gravy consistancy add grated coconut and curry leaves.
- Cover and cook for 10 more minutes and turn off the flame.
- In a seperate pan,pour some coconut oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds,urad dal,dried red chilies.
- Saute for a minute and add chiken.
- Stir on medium flame until the dish dries completely.
- Serve hot with Rice/Chapati.