A perfect tea time snack as well as a great tiffin treat for the kids school pack. The variations in the filling is purely upto your instincts. You can add chicken, carrots, broccoli, paneer, tofu or any other stuffing as per your choice. This is something that the kids will truly love.
8 slices bread
2 tablespoons chopped capsicum
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons pitted and sliced black olives
2 tablespoons sweet corn
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped fine
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
butter for brushing
grated cheddar cheese or shredded mozarella
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Grease a muffin tray with butter and keep aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices. Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten them.
- Now stuff each slice into the cavities of the muffin tray. Brush the insides of the bread slices with melted butter.
- Bake these in a preheated oven for 7-8 minutes(200 degree C)or until crisp. Remove from oven and keep aside.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Add the onions and capsicum and saute well on a high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and saute well. Finally add the corn, salt and lemon juice and switch off the flame.
- Fill this mix into each of the pre prepared bread tarts.
- Top each tart with grated cheese, sliced olives and drizzle the tomato ketchup on top.
- Heat this in the oven for 2 to3 minutes, just so that the cheese melts.
Bread tarts are ready!!