6 bread slices cut into squares
1 onion chopped
1 small tomato chopped
2 green chillies chopped
1 small piece ginger chopped
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon split urid dal
few curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Splutter the mustard and add the urid dal.
- Once the urid dal browns, add the onion, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder,salt and coriander leaves. Cook until the tomatoes are mushy and oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the bread pieces and stir fry until the masala coats all the pieces and the bread starts to brown here and there.
- Remove from flame, garnish with more coriander leaves and serve hot with a glass of sweet milk.