HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL!
DROOLSSS CELEBRATED DIWALI WITH SOME KAJU KATLI!
1 cup cashew nuts(kaju)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon rose water
few saffron strands(optional)
1 tablespoon ghee.
- In a dry grinder,grind the cashewnuts(kaju) to a smooth powder.
- In a pan, make sugar syrup by boiling sugar,rose water,saffron and water on low flame until it reaches one string consistency.
- Now add the cashew powder and stir on low flame until it thickens and reaches a soft dough consistency(this will approximately takes 8-10 minutes).
- Transfer the dough to a plate.
- When the heat is enough to handle add 1 tablespoon ghee and knead well.
- Flatten the dough and place it on a greased butter paper.
- Roll the kaju dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
*If there is crack on the dough while rolling,place a butter paper on top and roll for a smooth even surface.