The time when the forces of good won over the forces of evil.
The time when victory stood with truth.
Wishing everyone a Happy Vijayadashami!
Lets celebrate this auspicious day with some sweet ladoos:)
1 cup fresh grated coconut
1/2 cup jaggery
1 Tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2- 1 cup coarsely ground almonds
- Melt the jaggery in little water and strain to remove the impurities if any and keep it aside.
- Add the grated coconut to the jaggery and cook until the jaggery is almost absorbed by the coconut.
- Add the ghee , vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the ground almond little by little mixing well until you get the mixture into such a consistency that you can make small balls out of it and that it holds its shape.(You can grease your hands with a little ghee to prevent the mixture from sticking onto your hands)
- Roll these ladoos in ground almond powder and serve.